Solar Hot Water Systems
T he first CSA certified Evacuated Tube Solar Hot Water system in Canada. A unique cost-effective and affordable solar hot water heating system specifically designed for optimal all-season performance in Canada’s cold climate.
Heating domestic water using solar heating systems is the most efficient use of solar energy for both residential and commercial use.
- Effectively produces high temperature hot water all year round even during Canada’s long cold winters
- Produces large volumes of domestic hot water with no ongoing energy costs – sunshine is free!
- Can produce hot water at up to +40°C on days as cold as -30°C
- Continues to produce hot water as long as there is sunshine outside
- Ideal for off-grid locations where hot water is produced by combusting expensive diesel in generators
- A key element in allowing off-grid communities, houses and facilities to achieve energy independence
- Environmentally friendly – does not use glycol or any chemicals
- No ongoing maintenance costs - systems normally operate problem free for years
- Renewable energy and energy conservation incentives available in some jurisdictions for some applications
- Designed in Canada for Canadian use
- Designed for 25 years of problem free continuous operation
- Modular design facilitates repairs to damage caused by vandalism or accidents
- Even if one solar heating tube is damaged, the balance of the system will continue to operate problem-free
- Comes with a limited year manufacturer’ warranty.
- Island Properties
- Off-Grid Houses and Communities
- National, Provincial and Municipal Parks
- Hunting and Fishing Lodges
- Farms, Fisheries and Food Processing Plants
- New and Existing Single Family Homes
- Apartments, Student Residences, Co-ops and Public Housing Buildings
- Hospitals, Assisted Living and Long Term Care Facilities
- Hotels, Restaurants and Catering Facilities
- Laundry Facilities and Car Washes
- Indoor and Outdoor Swimming Pools, Athletic Centre Shower Facilities
- Mine, Forestry and Other Resource Processing Facilities
- Achieves 92% thermal transfer energy efficiently – the most effective use of the sun’s energy
- System package includes all components including heating tubes, racking, storage tank and piping
- System uses water pressure from the municipal water system, avoiding the need for separate pump
- Supplied thermostat-controlled heat tracer cable ensures that domestic water never freezes in supply pipe
- Unique design uses distilled water in a partially evacuated copper pipe as the heat transfer medium
- Low pressure distilled water will not freeze even when outside temperatures are very low
- Heat is transferred from the distilled water tube to domestic water in a specially insulated header tank
- Header panel incorporates a 40 gallon storage tank designed for a four-person Canadian household
- Systems can be assembled into large arrays for larger hospital, residential, commercial or industrial projects
- Heats water to the 40°C temperature required by some municipal codes and public health standards
- CSA certificate #232467 – The first CSA certified Evacuated Tube Solar Hot Water system in Canada
A Solar Hot Water System can drastically impact electricity consumption for hot water. An Ontario grant for the installation of this product may also be available to you to assist in the transition of becoming greener.
Ask The Electrical Doctor how a Solar Water System can help you reduce your carbon footprint and save on energy.